TRANSITIONING YOUR WARDROBE INTO FALL
I can't believe I'm already saying this, but, fall is right around the corner and I'm already planning my wardrobe. I feel like it was just yesterday when I posted my Spring Lookbook! This summer has gone by too fast.
Transitioning your wardrobe into the fall season can be tough or confusing to some, however, I think I can help you out with that! In today's post I'm going to break down some key points. Don't pack away your summer pieces just yet because we're going to need those!
1. You don't need to buy a whole new wardrobe. Re-use summer pieces by layering them. A good example are my white culottes I styled in these photos! I added some knit to the outfit and it automatically became warmer.
2. Bring out the booties. Wear them with bare legs to show off your tanned legs as long as you have em'!
3. Purchase basic pieces. When shopping for fall clothing, keep in mind that you want to get as much wear out of your pieces as possible. Like the turtle neck I'm wearing, it's super versatile!
4. Introduce dark shades/colours. Swap out your go-to floral tank that you pair with your favourite jeans for an olive or burgundy blouse instead!
5. Stack up on accessories. Toques, beanies and felt hats are going to be your best friend!
6. Don't forget details. Even if you add a dark lip colour or manicure to your outfit it will help transition the whole look.
Vest: Aritzia, Turtle Neck (Sold Out): Similar here, Culottes: Aritzia, Shoes (Sold out) Similar here.
Until next time, you can find me on INSTAGRAM and SNAPCHAT! Both handles are @emmaleger <3